Dear All registered entries
for the 2020 J70 Europeans in Copenhagen.
We have naturally enough because of the Corona Virus situation received a number of enquiries on a possible cancellation of the Europeans in July.
We are monitoring the situation every day and for now, all planning and preparations are going according to schedule.
The International J/70 Class Association has also been closely monitoring the worldwide developments in the COVID-19 pandemic. The Class together with the Host Club RDYC has set a formal decision date of no later than April 30, 2020 for the 2020 European Championship (and 2020 World Championship as well).
If the International Class EC—in collaboration with the Organizing Authority for each event—is not confident on or before April 30 that the events can go forward on their planned dates, then these Championships will be postponed.
Should the situation change we will let you know ASAP but not later than April 30th.
Should you consider cancelling your participation in the Europeans,before April 30th. you will find the guidelines for cancellation in the Notice of Race.
Hope to see you in July in Copenhagen
Royal Danish Yacht Club
J70 Europeans Event Committee
WE LOOK FOREWARD TO SEE YOU IN